Author Topic: War of Reavening - WHAT THE fapp?  (Read 22115 times)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
War of Reavening - WHAT THE fapp?
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »
Ok, so a buddy of mine graciously sent me his version of the PDF file . .
And i am completely flabbergasted . .
FLYING PROTOMECHS?(ProtoMech LAM)
QUAD PROTOMECHS?
15TON PROTOMECHS?(this is the minimum weight for actual Battlemechs, mind you)
A Piece of Equipment, that is basically a combination of ECM, c3i and beagle active probe? AND IT WEIGHTS IN AT 1,5 TON ALL IN ALL?
Genetic Warfare.
Yes, you read that right.
GENETIC fappING WARFARE?
THE CLANS?
THE PEOPLE WHO CONSIDER THE GENES MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ACTUAL PEOPLE MADE FROM THESE GENES?

You have to be fapping shitting me . .
First Shadowrun, now they run Battletech into the ground too?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
Re: War of Reavening - WHAT THE fapp?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
Pics/links/pdfs or it didn't happen!

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
Pics/links/pdfs or it didn't happen!
for obvious copyright related reasons i can't, of course, link it here . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »
I've heard similar stories of woe.

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »
Battletech went weak right after the clans invaded and were halted ... they really did lose the plot.  As for shadowrun don't even GO there they pissed me off so much with that :/

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
I've mostly been ignoring the storyline since 3067.

I'm guessing its like the Jihad. Makes no sense and seems really stupid in the context as a Sourcebook, but would have probably made a decent novel line when given proper character development and background.

If World War 2 was a CGL sourcebook, no one would believe that happened either.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
Battletech went weak right after the clans invaded and were halted ... they really did lose the plot.  As for shadowrun don't even GO there they pissed me off so much with that :/
huh?
you active in the SR scene somewhere? O.o
clans introduced were bad enough, but the shit they are doing right now is so completely anathema to the clans . . it's not even internally consistent anymore <.<
it's actually as bad as the fapping dumb idea that the DJIHAD! was . .
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Nebfer

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
Ok, so a buddy of mine graciously sent me his version of the PDF file . .
And i am completely flabbergasted . .
FLYING PROTOMECHS?(ProtoMech LAM)
QUAD PROTOMECHS?
15TON PROTOMECHS?(this is the minimum weight for actual Battlemechs, mind you)
A Piece of Equipment, that is basically a combination of ECM, c3i and beagle active probe? AND IT WEIGHTS IN AT 1,5 TON ALL IN ALL?
Genetic Warfare.
Yes, you read that right.
GENETIC fappING WARFARE?
THE CLANS?
THE PEOPLE WHO CONSIDER THE GENES MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ACTUAL PEOPLE MADE FROM THESE GENES?

You have to be fapping shitting me . .
First Shadowrun, now they run Battletech into the ground too?

The Gen warfare is not done by the Clans per say but by the scientist sub cast trying to even the odds on their "oppressors" when they mounted a insurrection. And what better way to say I am better then you, I hold your "life and future" in my hands. The basis for this type of warfare is already their so it's to unsurprising that it gets used at some point. After all whats the basis for the clan warrior phenotypes, like Elementals (it was not as simple as lets bread two very large people over a few generations...)?

ProtoLAMs is not quite exactly what your making it out to be, sure they can fly a bit, but they do not turn into little fighter jets, it's more along the lines of enhanced version of the partial wings that have been available for a few years now.  They more like WIGE units that can walk one when not "flying" (which is WIGE movement any way).

They have Quad Battle armor and battlemechs, so why would it be unusual for them to find a way to make a quad protomech? The Same goes for Super heavy Protomechs, after all not to long we will be getting rules for super heavy mechs.

It looks like you do not any tech progression at all, and let the universe be stagnate in technology development, which is silly in a universe that has near constant low level warfare going around, and is very dynamic.

The Basis for the Wars of Reaving stems from the fact in the DA time line the Invading clans do not have any contact with the home world ones. This book tells what happened. The short of it is, the home clans got obsessed over the fact that the invading clans "failed" in their invasion, and wanted to have their go at it, thinking they would of performed better. But before that they wanted to purge the taint of the previous failure... And things went down hill from their, at one point the scientist cast makes a move to try and take control of the Clans for them selves, did not work out very well for them... That C3 system is part of their attempt to even the odds to make up for their lack of combat experience (after all EI is a form of C3...).

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »
Is that info on the war of reaving from the sourcebook, battlecorps, or some other source?

I'm mostly been cooling my heels waiting for more Btech novels (that don't seem to be ever happening).

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 11:17:37 PM »
Sourcebook.
Win7Ultimate64

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »
the BT source material is so fractured at this point they need a complete reboot

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 12:27:53 AM »
Yeah.
We need to go back to Level 1 Tech.
We want the glorious days of the beginnings of the Grey Death Legion again.
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:12 AM »
i'll just leave this here . .
In the most simplest of examples, suppose Clan Floppy Rabbit‘s Mine Facility X on Babylon is tapped out of unobtainium, a key component in the manufacture of Widget A. The Clan uses large amounts of Widget A in making its Doom Penguin OmniMech. The Clan’s merchant caste is notified and faces two choices: slow down the manufacture of Widget A until a new ore line can be located and tapped, or Trial another Clan for their supply (or mine) of unobtainium so that production can be maintained. The merchants weigh the cost/benefit ratios and decide that the Clan must acquire another Clan’s supply. One star system over, Clan Mousebat has a mining facility that produces both unobtainium and unbelievium. The warrior caste is notified, a Trial of Possession is issued, and the Rabbits win against the defending Mousebats. The Rabbits can maintain their production of Widget A and now have an excess of unbelievium which they can either use for trade for other necessary materials—possibly food shipments, to provide for the new enclave recently won—or stockpile until
it is needed. Clan Mousebat, meanwhile, now finds itself out of two ore facilities, and must go through its own process to determine what the Clan needs to rectify the situation.
Win7Ultimate64

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:45 AM »
So....what are the states of the I.S. clans?

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 05:23:46 AM »
Don' forget the new Clan that was born, Clan Stone Lion.