Author Topic: SA_Coliseum  (Read 7564 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Re: SA_Coliseum
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:22 AM »
A question, not directly related to this map: Are there any version-numbers inside the map-files, so the client notices when the server has updated the map? Or is there an equivalent mechanism in place to make sure my older map is deleted and the newer version downloaded before i join the updated server?

And a second one: Which setting influences bumpmapping? Most of my graphical settings stay on low, because i am hoping for an additional frame per second. But since that doesn't really work anyway, i would like to activate bumpmapping.

Offline ~SJ~NotSoCoolJ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-1
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
A question, not directly related to this map: Are there any version-numbers inside the map-files, so the client notices when the server has updated the map? Or is there an equivalent mechanism in place to make sure my older map is deleted and the newer version downloaded before i join the updated server?

And a second one: Which setting influences bumpmapping? Most of my graphical settings stay on low, because i am hoping for an additional frame per second. But since that doesn't really work anyway, i would like to activate bumpmapping.

If you try to join a server with a newer version, it will ask if you would like to replace your old version. No problems there. Just click yes.
About the bump mapping, I honestly don't know. You could have it on already. The texture isn't great by any means. It should look better than Cygma's picks now anyway.

Hm, i updated the version on our server after you said you updated it (uploaded on 12th July). The partially buried atlas etc. are in there. Was there another update after that?
Keep in mind that server admins can't just use a link that gets updated by someone else because then you might have a different version on the server than what the players download.

Yes Cygma.. There is a newer version. It has all the clan posters and the particle effects and lighting have been tweaked on them as well. I can tell by your pictures, that you don't have the latest version.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:13:06 PM by ~SJ~NotSoCoolJ »

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:37 AM »
Hm, tested locally with a fresh download and don't see any difference regarding the ground.
Regarding updates: would be helpful if you post in here when you updated it, then i and other admins can check it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 06:10:14 AM »
Necro-ing this.  Had no idea this map existed before playing a match on it a few moments ago.  This map's terrain makes using hovers near impossible, but other than that it is pretty cool.  I've always been a fan of maps with night/day cycles.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Necro-ing this.  Had no idea this map existed before playing a match on it a few moments ago.  This map's terrain makes using hovers near impossible, but other than that it is pretty cool.  I've always been a fan of maps with night/day cycles.

This became our Trial and duel practice map. It runs damn well, looks good, and while yea hovers and tanks suck balls on it, you have to keep in mind it wasn't designed for them.
My milk shakes!

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 05:38:47 PM »
Need SA maps for ASF ^ ) only

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 05:59:44 PM »
... and make the runway with Mech's torsos, so you can land any way you want and not explode. (is it possible though? :P)
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush