Author Topic: Vegetion Expert, pun intended!  (Read 1461 times)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Vegetion Expert, pun intended!
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »
So do you guys need someone to model the more mundane stuff like vegetation and environmental objects?  I am thinking of making some of my own for the map I am working on and thought that if they were good enough you guys could use them.  I don't want to be a Dev or anything, just want to help fleshing out the object department.  Let me know, I found a great video that shows the whole process in 3dsMax or whatever that program is, but it looks like something I can figure out quickly, and also pump out the goods quick too.

Rock on MWLL!!! 8)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
Re: Vegetion Expert, pun intended!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
we could use some vegetation to get rid of the weapon collision bug and just plain get rid of using crysis objects. Not sure who you should contact atm since i've been busy with my own project and not around much for mwll stuff, I'm sure someone else will see this and point you in the right direction though :)

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
Defender or KingLeerUK are the people to talk to about modelling and creating assets for the game... Defender as our current lead artist and KingLeerUK as a project director.

I would advise putting something together to show the sort of quality of objects that you can create, then hitting one of those guys up to organise being able to contribute it to the mod and to make sure the art style will fit what we curently have.

To answer your initial question though, Yes!, we always welcome more environmental artists that can contribute to the project, especially if you have the knowledge to get the assets from 3dmax all the way into the engine properly.

PS. keep up the good work on ur map, ive been keeping my eye on that project and it looks interesting so far ;)
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:20 AM »
Even if you can't participate as a full developer, appropriate and applicable help is always appreciated.

I.E. Flyingdebris doing the concept artwork and graphics for the current BA HUD, even though he's only a "quasi-contributor" according to his self-imposed title  :P

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:03:07 AM »
Yeah, i think your right Wilson.  I am just going to finish my map, then I will start modeling environmental stuffs.  That is what got me wondering, I felt very limited with the available MWLL objects, and Crysis does have some nice ones.  I will post back here when I get a few trees and such modeled.   :)

Now back to TC_Radstadt...

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)