Author Topic: The Epona  (Read 954 times)

Offline (TLL)Andreas

• Apprentice Dev
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
The Epona
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
Hi, just wanted to know if the Epona hovercraft will be released before 0.5.0 or will we have to wait patiently for some time before we can get a hovercraft that has more fire power than the current hovers (who has barley 40% the fire power of most light mechs or next to no armour at all  :-\)?

/Andreas Wants something else to do when mountain climbing in a hover besides calling himself a mountain goat and charging down from the top to ram some poor tank driver  ::)

Offline zephoid

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
Re: The Epona
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »
2x mpl hephestus is currently the best starting craft for almost any map. i have faced down a uziel prime 1v1 in a 5 min duel and won. Its armor is better than almost any 49k lv mechs and its speed is fast enough that you can easily cap 1-2 points and get some easy cash. i will always level at least 2 times in it and i have gone all the way up to 85k rank, though i did switch to the 2x ERMBLAS version.

I would like another well armored craft like it in the medium mech range though. 2x sbl, 2x mbl and a LBX10 would be so fun at 90kph  for 70-75k range. maybe make them ER lasers i if it had the heat management to do so.

I do love the hephestus on thunder rift though. RAMMING SPEED! knocked a mauler off a bridge by ramming it. so much fun.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:20:55 AM by zephoid »
RAC speed adjustments should only be limited by imagination, ever increasing, ever higher!!!!
All glory to the BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR
-Flyingdebris

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:33:23 AM »
heaviest hover in CBT canon is at 50t i think . .
condor comes to mind there O.o
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Cujo

• Evil Polygon Wizard
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-0
    • Deviant Art Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
It's in the shop getting sexier.  It'll be worth the wait.

Offline Spanish Inquisition

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-0
  • Cross beams, askew, treadle, etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen a new chassis released before a major update. So no, you won't be seeing it before 0.5.0. You'd be seeing it at 0.5.0, at the earliest.

"Nobody expects the Spa- Oh bugger"
-Last words of the pilot of WHM-6R Waffles