Author Topic: dCK looking for action  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: dCK looking for action
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 03:30:35 AM »
Fun matches, despite the technical difficulties and a slight misunderstanding :)
Also quite helpful to see the bad moves you make and get them pointed out by the commentators in the videos ;)

Edit: By the way, the 6:50 part of match 1 is just looking awesome - jump in formation and suddenly all hell breaks lose.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:42:59 AM by 7.[WD]Cygma »
<Insert cool content here>

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »
Fun matches, despite the technical difficulties and a slight misunderstanding :)
Also quite helpful to see the bad moves you make and get them pointed out by the commentators in the videos ;)

Edit: By the way, the 6:50 part of match 1 is just looking awesome - jump in formation and suddenly all hell breaks lose.

Same.

Seeing it now we know our mistakes. The 1st one was pretty close, the second definitely yours and the third ours.

Looking forward to our next war ;).

12th Vegan Rangers are up next Friday.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:38:26 PM by dCK-Ad_Hominem »

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:49 AM »
Watched the 1st and last matches, very interesting  stuff.  Left some comments on the youtube pages.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 08:28:21 AM »
We're next, Sphere!! This Friday, 3pm Central U.S.

Be there, with bells on!! :D :P

But if not, the BIG match is the next day, and I know you won't miss that.  Rally to where again?   ;) :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:26:37 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline dCK-Warheart

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
    • Words Of Farewell
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
I promise next time we won't suck as hard. And also we won't be drunk already before the match even starts. :D
Hunting Ballonmoths and Camperpults since 12.28.2009

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »
I promise next time we won't suck as hard. And also we won't be drunk already before the match even starts. :D

You sucked?! Match one was damn close, match two was unlucky and match three was a clean sweep on your side...
I wouldn't call that 'suck'...

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »

You sucked?! Match one was damn close, match two was unlucky and match three was a clean sweep on your side...
I wouldn't call that 'suck'...

QFT, from my perspective, any of those matches could have gone either way.  You should be giving dCK-Quiet a commendation for his excellent FB runs or Sandblasted.  They were fun to watch, and the Dragoons can be beasts out there too.   ;) ;) 8)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »
QFT, from my perspective, any of those matches could have gone either way.  You should be giving dCK-Quiet a commendation for his excellent FB runs or Sandblasted.  They were fun to watch, and the Dragoons can be beasts out there too.   ;) ;) 8)

Though this may be true, I expected nothing less of Quiet :P. Sure it might have backfired, but there is no one out there I'd rather have for air support than him.

As for our suckage: Sure we didn't make any major mistakes, but the ones we made were really unnecessary. Let me give you a short rundown: 1. No focus fire on Extremity (and Frostbite). 2. JJing in during the "day" resulting in overheating of our mechs. 3. Bad mech choice on Frostbite (had 10k left and should have checked the price list with the actual prices [same applies for Extremity. We planned on a Huit, 2 Scats A, 1 Scat B and a Summoner A which was 10k more expensive than we had assumed]). 4. I sucked at running without radar and following the targeting info of my team. 5. Team coordination in general could use improvement (as our match vs. the Rangers will hopefully show). 6. Too much focus on possible enemy threats in opposite to what we are good at (Sandblasted was actually played by us as we like it best. Yggdrasil performs best in a Mad Cat Prime, Quiet is an awesome bomb supporter, Warheart is a great all out supporter and I feel best when running a beatstick. Apriori was kind of a sacrifice asset wise, but still he performed greatly in the Scat A).

There were probably more variables to it, but this is all I can think of now.

We are also not disappointed in any way. We took on an experienced unit and did what we thought would work and failed. Thanks to the videos (which I am not getting tired of watching) we are able to analyse what we did wrong and improve on that.

Thanks a lot to 7.[WD] for providing us with a server and giving us such a fun round.

See you in the field.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »
that's the whole point of these practices :D  Knowing where you need to improve and confirming what you do well.

The Dragoons are fantastic in helping figure out stuff and introducing new teams to org play.  I'm glad Alfalpha does our planning, the drop list logistic can be mind boogling, then trying to match assets to the right players, maps conditions, do we take AA or not >_<. 

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 12:17:04 AM »
Okay, due to problems regarding the personnel of our clans the war with the 12th Vegan Rangers is off. It will however be held in the next week or two.

@MausGMR: I tried to pm you, but your inbox is full, so I will post it right here.

Can you guys make it to tomorrow evening (9pm GMT+1)? If you can pm me and we can arrange the conditions of the match. No pressure though, this comes at such short notice, I don't expect you guys to come up with the players, the maps and the drop lists.

Again, any unit willing to fight us may challenge us here for a fun war.

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »
We should be ok for that, posting details on our forums now and will get one of our commanders to contact you for details.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »
Can I just interject some thoughts?  I think we are all going about these so dubbed Funwars all wrong. 
There is no need for droplists or having rules of engagement.  We just need to organize dates and times. 

Let's just get together and duke it out. I am even against Frapsing or spectators, because this should just be for fun and a bit of practice.

I am open to however folks want to do these, but if we simplify it will be more fun and less hassle.  Those of us in the FCL ladders have plenty of that ahead of us, let's try to keep things loose.

oh, and SJ has tons of folks, no worries there, i suppose.   :) :)

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »
I'll be honest with you alpha, I find standard TSA the most uninteresting part of this game as it currently stands.

No respawn droplist based games are much more preferable to me and most of my clanmates.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
I didn't mean to imply we should play TSA or have respawning, just the whole idea of needing to plan these 5v5 scrimmages to the T, as it were. 

I actually had a 'good' idea for playing semi-organized matches... :) ;)

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
I agree with Maus. Having to come up with a drop list, a strategy and so on against an enemy team is much more fun and challenging than just rolling out whatever you like. Also do rules of engagement give such a thing a clear structure.

Since I have already come up with droplists for these maps I would like to play Marshes at 60k and Clear Cut at 80k. The third map (at 100k) could either be Sandblasted, Mirage or Thunder Rift. If you disagree with this that is fine, but please inform me in time so I will be able to apply my unit to those changes.

The rules: I think we can agree on no respawn, no eject, no repairs, no ba, no legging and not buying ammo at base, but at at APC (VTOLs and ASFs are excluded). What we would have to agree on would be to play pure tech and on ASFs not being able to win a match (in case they are the last asset left) if they run out of ammo and the enemy has still one functioning weapon.

All this is just suggestion.

If you want to Fraps the battle and can find some commentators feel free to do so, but then please upload it on Youtube so we will be able to watch it as well.

Oh and I did not realize yesterday night that midnight had already passed. The day would be today (February 17th).