Author Topic: (Major) team score losses from suicides  (Read 1087 times)

Offline (TLL)Andreas

• Apprentice Dev
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
(Major) team score losses from suicides
« on: September 11, 2010, 05:32:03 PM »
Map: any map
Asset: BA
Issue: -

After buying an asset go to the hanger its being built in and stand on the pad before it finishes then watch as your team score gets a big penalty because you died from the asset you built falling on your head. The penalty from getting a harasser on your head is around 100+ in score but if you buy another harasser of the same kind and blow it up with the small beam laser (ba) and the srm2 you only get less than 30 in score loss.

Repro Steps: (If possible write down all steps leading to the BUG itself.) ex.: Flamer Crashes Client
1. Player Purchases a apc
2. Player positions himself on the pad the apc is being built on.
3. Player waits until build timer finishes and he dies from the apc.
4. Players team receives around -100 in score (but the player gets no score loss).

Repro: 5/5

Severity: 1-3 (depending on how you feel about winning the round or not, besides there are not that many that would let this happen more than once).

I found this one while trying to see if I could reproduce the bug where both the player and  the team loses 400 or more in score due to 1 death.

PS. This has only been tested with the apc and harraser so maybe a higher priced asset would increase the score lost (like a huit/demo /atlas).

Offline StarFyre_GUNS

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: (Major) team score losses from suicides
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »
Yeppers..happened to me..DO NOT stand in the Mech bays lol

Offline Dragonlord

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-4
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »
No offense there buddy, but I honestly cant see how this can be a bug.
Getting a 30+ ton asset in your head does usually kill you.

The best solution for this problem is as StarFyre says.
DO NOT stand down in the mech bay before your unit is ready, remain up on the catwalk.
Corsair HX 850W PSU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3           AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six Core, 3,3GHZ/3,7GHz Turbo
Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 120GB                  Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX "Phantom"
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro                     Logitech Z906 THX Certified Speaker System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Offline (TLL)Andreas

• Apprentice Dev
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:23:10 AM »
The bug is not that you die, it's that you get a to large penalty in score from it compared to if you destroy the asset yourself.