Author Topic: starting a league  (Read 3604 times)

Offline FDISK

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
starting a league
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
well i been thinking long and hard on this and i finally made a decision.  I want to start a league based on this mod. I have this website just sitting there with nothing to do while i pay on it and i also want to start merc clan and we will have our own server lol. Plus i will pay for the domain name for the league website to. I am very passionate about this but i am 45 with wife and kids and a job so i am asking for help. I need help in setting up a website and a forum for the league plus help setting up a forum for the merc clan i want to start.
I want to create a website where the inner sphere groups and the clan groups plus merc groups can register their respected house, clan or merc group. Where all can set up matchs, post the best and worst scores, where we can share thought or ideals or just hang out. Where newbies to the game can hang out and get pointers. And also have a place where stats and rank can be shown. I have a 300GB web space with 3000gb transfer to play with and if it goes beyond that i can always put a donate button on the site lol. Like i said i need help if anybody wants to volunteer. 1st of all i need help in designing the site, me all i know how to do is cut and paste ;D. So if anybody that knows anything about this then click on my email button and send me some of your work like web pages you design and such and i would need admins and moderators later after the site is built. To give a ideal i want mech fans from all over to like this site. so email me  8)

Offline aNgELfiRe

• Bondsman
Re: starting a league
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »
ISWARS might be the place to play at with the finished product. Although I was thinking of starting a league myself as well, so I might end up working with you. I can get unlimited webspace and bandwidth if there is somehting what's worth it.
If you want to check my "design"(mostly modded from other things with some own "art") then check out http://www. darjani.org  that is my current project.
Sera
once known as aNgELfiRe/fLawLeSs

Offline FDISK

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »
kewl site and design nothing flashy dosnt take long to load you do good work :). and since you have unlimited bandwidth you be the man especially with storing players and league stats but like i said it is something i would like to do since the old mech games are still being played. Here are some sites still promoting and where the old diehard mech pilots like me hang out just to give a ideal.

http://www.netbattletech.com/

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »
Sounds great FDISK! Your enthusiasm for supporting the mod with a league is heartfelt! Thanks!

While I don't want to discourage you from realizing your dream, I would ask that maybe take a look around right now before initiating a new league. I would recommend talking to Shotglass (check the members list) about realizing a league for the mod since he is currently in the process of setting one up. Might want to talk to DarkPhoenix@NBT about possibly starting one up for the mod? No reason to start from scratch if you cooperative with other people who already have the same goal :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Offline FDISK

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »
Sounds great FDISK! Your enthusiasm for supporting the mod with a league is heartfelt! Thanks!

While I don't want to discourage you from realizing your dream, I would ask that maybe take a look around right now before initiating a new league. I would recommend talking to Shotglass (check the members list) about realizing a league for the mod since he is currently in the process of setting one up. Might want to talk to DarkPhoenix@NBT about possibly starting one up for the mod? No reason to start from scratch if you cooperative with other people who already have the same goal :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

lol kewl i will thanks for the info :)

Offline FDISK

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:08:45 AM »
well if you moderators of this dont mind getting rid or locking this topic found out there are a few more qualify to get a league setup lol

Offline Capt.ZoomZ

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:51 AM »
Please please please base these leagues on a Star Map universe .

That was the koolest thing about the good old day of mech warrior 2 .

Im trying to find an old star map .

I cant belive i still have this stuff ,, lol

http://www.mechregistry.com/map.htm

Middle mouse button to scroll around .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:13:33 AM by Capt.ZoomZ »

Offline metro

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-0
    • HOUSE LIAO
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:30:24 PM »
www.ISWARS.com

The Star map is already completed. Jump lines, strategy,logistics, economies, the 5 Houses and Merc units are operable already. Beta testing is being done with Mechwarrior Mercenaries. MWLL is slated to be implemented from what I have been told, becuase the developers have created the game from thwe back to the front, it can support any type of game engine for battle reporting.

The community is quite large there, self supporting, and MWLL would provide the rebirth the MW community has been waiting for for years.

I would suggest, at least checking it out. It will not be a ladder league, it is a 24/7 living breathing web-based game for the Battletech Mechwarriors around the world.

And there is plenty for everyone to do, from running a House to contracting a Merc group. Building and moving mechs and jumpships.

Give it a go.
Leader of the Great House Liao
Native of the Tikonov Commonality
Planetary System of Tigress
Descendant of Joshua Kincade
WWW.HOUSELIAO.COM

Offline PanzerBoxb

• Captain Cheese™
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »
Are you done promoting that site across this forum?  ::)

Offline metro

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-0
    • HOUSE LIAO
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »
Whewwwwwwww...what whazz that? Low flying swooper.

<-----luvs MWLL ...thinks everyone should use it. =  )
Leader of the Great House Liao
Native of the Tikonov Commonality
Planetary System of Tigress
Descendant of Joshua Kincade
WWW.HOUSELIAO.COM

Offline (AU 6) Redwolf

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Justin "Redwolf" Case
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:32:19 AM »
Yeah, I like the IS Wars interface, and I think it's great, but I started Armageddon Unlimited there and, for testing purposes and low body count, Verm tried forcing me to go to work for the Capellan Confederation until their numbers came back up.  Not to mention, I wasn't able to get my number of members up to acceptable levels, either, despite advertising across every BattleTech/MechWarrior site that would allow me to at the time, mostly because they were using MW4: Vengeance, and somewhat because of Verm's reputation. 

Metro, you're part of Liao, right?  I understand there have been good changes in Liao and bad changes in ISW; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Though I don't believe it's unsalvageable, I do believe Verm would need a positive attitude change -although I won't hold it against him that he's been busting his sack to get this interface done all by himself, and it looks and works very well, and that would make me have a poor attitude, as well- and, of course, the game engine has to be dealt with, even though it's Mercs 4, right now.  The other thing that I believe the community here should take into account when looking to Inner Sphere Wars is that Verm has been putting up a hell of a lot of his own money to get the servers, the connections, and keep things running, again all by his lonesome.

To be honest, MW: LL and ISWars would be a match made in heaven.